What: Interactive energy education program presented by Peoples Gas in partnership with Hosanna Industries
Who: Peoples Gas customers
When: Thursday, October 8, 6-8PM
Where: Hosanna Industries’ Gibsonia campus (3930 Dickey Road, Gibsonia, PA 15044)
Participants will receive:
- energy conservation kit valued at $75 (caulking, spray foam insulation, door sweeps, etc.)
- opportunity to ask questions to energy conservation experts
Call or email Amanda with any questions. Registration is required for this FREE event. (Registration is now closed as of 10/05/2015)
Hosanna Industries’ 4th Annual Festival of Trees is on November 19-21, 2015 at Quality Gardens. Individuals & organizations donate small artificial Christmas trees that are decorated, all with a different theme. The trees are then auctioned off, with proceeds benefitting our charitable work. The trees have gotten more creative over the years, & this year we compiled this brief idea list to get your wheels turning! This is not an exclusive list! This year we insist that you submit your theme for approval, first. That way, we can do our best to make sure we are presenting unique trees.
- Joy to the World (ornaments made of maps, globe for the topper)
- Pirates, Steelers, or Penguins tree (check out these lights made into baseballs)
- golf (stand the tree in a bucket of golf balls, add gift cards or coupons for local golf courses. make ornaments out of golf balls)
- Christmas in Toyland (use a bright colored tree & repurpose kids toys into ornaments, or make crayon ornaments or Lego ornaments)
- Pisanky eggs
- Peppermint pizazz (white tree with red ribbon. make ornaments out of peppermints.)
- Sounds of the Season (sheet music ornaments)
- turned wood or scrolled wood
- Hostess with the Mostest (dip or soup mix ornaments)
- tools (either put mini tools on the tree, or repurpose things like paint sticks or paint brushes or bolts & washers. stand the tree in a toolbox or five gallon bucket)
- Seasonal Seaside (starfish for a tree topper?!)
- 12 Days of Christmas
- Country Western Christmas (shotgun shell ornaments, denim ornaments, bandana garland, cowboy hat as topper, and boots as a tree stand)
- gift cards (choose a theme- pizza places or gas stations?)
- crochet bells or snowflakes
- stained glass (you could make the tree out of glass, or even use scrap glass to create some ornaments)
- felt tree for toddlers
- fairies (a new take on the fairy garden?! why not include some gnomes, too?)
- watercolor (mini watercolored canvases)
- Gingerbread (if it is going to be edible, please package the cookies appropriately)
- Dog Lover (stand the tree on a dog house, and try ornaments like this or dog bones as ornaments)
- Eye Spy
- Cooking Christmas (cookie cutter ornaments, sprinkles, apron as a tree skirt, cupcake ornaments, wooden spoon ornaments, cupcake liner garland)
Why not make this a group effort? In the past we have had groups of friends work on their trees together- It makes for a perfect craft night! We also have an individual that hosts a before-Christmas-season party, & asks everyone to bring something for a specific theme.
Contact Amanda Becker if you would like more information, or if you’d like to get involved in this year’s event.
On Saturday, May 17, 2015 we held our 11th Annual Spring Trap Shoot. Check out the recap video below!
Hosanna Industries is funded solely by the generosity of other people. We have many special events that help to fund our charitable work, and also introduce new people to the mission. For many of these special events, we have “Chinese Auctions,” and we are always in need of people to donate baskets! Below is a list of ideas that we came up with. Let us know if you want to contribute something!
Things to keep in mind:
- Ideally, auction baskets for our events are valued at $50-$100 each.
- Is it something most people would want to win? Would YOU want to win it?
- Be creative!
- Don’t hesitate to coordinate with other people and go in on a theme together.
- Make it pretty! Or just give us the items and we will make it pretty for you. :)
- Don’t forget to check places like Home Goods, TJ Maxx, Trader Joe’s— they have nice things for lower prices.
- This is not an exclusive list! Feel free to comment if you have another idea.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees: Lottery tickets
- Pirates Tailgate: package everything in a cooler. drink coozies, snacks, paper plates, Pirates hat or blanket
- Chocolate Lover: :)
- Gourmet Italian or Pizza Party: pasta, strainer, sauces, pizza ingredients, pizza pan
- Local Restaurants: small gift cards to local restaurants or chain restaurants
- For Runners’: gummy bears, sports drinks, protein bars, foam roller, water bottle, headband, chiropractor gift card
- Mexican Fiesta: package everything in a pretty bowl. salsa, tortilla chips, lime juicer, margarita mix and glasses
- Gardening Gifts: package it all in a flower pot. seeds, herbs, little shovel, garden markers, wind chimes
- Hunters’ Heaven: hand warmers, beef jerky, orange hat, wool socks, Bass Pro Shop gift card
- Tee Time: bucket full of golf balls, golf tees, club cover, golf umbrella
- Summer Sun: sunscreen, frisbees, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, slip n slide, squirt guns, plastic sunglasses
- Pool Party: package everything in a beach bag. rafts, blow up toys, beach towel
- Ice Cream Social: ice cream toppings, scooper, cones, brownie mix, candies
- It’s a Wrap: wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift bags for different holidays
- Camping Kit: smores ingredients, smores sticks, folding chairs, bug spray
- Dog Lover: dog bones, treats, toys, gift certificate to groomer
- Coffee Enthusiast: k-cups, coffee mug, syrups, Starbucks gift card
- Party Time: pick a color theme or two and get paper plates, napkins, plastic cups, straws, streamers, toothpicks, plastic silverware
- Picnic Basket: package in a basket with a handle. plastic wine glasses, picnic blanket, gourmet snacks
- Spa Day: gift card to a local spa, lotions, bath salts, facial masks
- BBQ Deliciousness: variety of marinades, skewer sticks, sauces, spices, rubs, grilling tools, gift card to meat market
- come out on a project and show Christ’s love through your actions
Spreading the word
Sharing your experience
- write a review on our Guidestar/ Charity Navigator page to help us receive funding
Using your skills
- are you a good cook or baker? consider providing lunch for a volunteer group on a Saturday or during a special project, or getting involved in our Hosanna Harvest
- are you a mechanic by trade? help us out with a little maintenance on our vehicles
- are you a good planner? plan a fundraiser for us
- are you artistic? create ornaments for our festival of trees, or donate your time to teach a workshop at our Gibsonia campus
Talking to your friends
- tell them about us and encourage them to learn more
Collecting (check with us before you start your collection!)
- spare change
- small (pint or smaller) canning jars or lids
- volunteer tools (ask us for a list)
- work gloves
- contractor garbage bags
- gift cards
- listed last but certainly not least! we would really appreciate it if you kept us and those we serve in prayer