Hosanna Industries was founded in 1990 as a faith-rooted, non-profit mission whose work involves a variety of charitable initiatives aimed at helping our impoverished neighbors. By the grace of God and through the mechanical and aesthetic arts, mission workers at Hosanna Industries build and repair homes for needy households; mobilize relief workers to areas of disaster; teach and lead workshops in art and spirituality; train young people in construction skills; and lead volunteers of all ages. Our typical single client household last year had an income of less than $17,000 a year. Hosanna relies on donations to help hundreds of needy neighbors per year.
Program activities are or will be as follows:
- Home construction, repair and rehabilitation for low-income persons living in deteriorating housing.
- Vocational training for unskilled workers, particularly in construction trades.
- Assistance in the development and start-up of small businesses by persons who lack the economic ability and expertise to do so without assistance.
- Creation of job opportunities for unemployed persons.
- Mobilization of relief workers to areas of disaster and poverty.
Hosanna Industries has received the following awards & recognitions, among others:
- Guidestar Platinum Early Adopter, 2016
- Distinguished Business, Pittsburgh North Regional Chamber of Commerce, 2015
- Impact Fund Award for Excellence, United Way of Allegheny County, 2015-2016
- The Lighthouse Award, Beacon, 2015
- Champion in Action, Citizens Bank, 2014